Carrot Cake Bites
- 90g Oats, rolled, gluten-free
- 75g Flax Seeds
- 90g Dates, pitted
- 117g Walnuts, roasted, unsalted
- 2 Carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Root, ground
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 20g Coconut, unsweetened flakes – shredded
- 4 tbsp Coconut Butter – softened
- 20g Coconut, unsweetened flakes – shredded, to roll the bites in
Pulse oats and flax seeds to a coarse powder and set aside.
Pulse dates and walnuts, or nuts of your choice, to desired consistency and set aside.
Add carrots and pulse until bite-sized.
In a medium bowl, add all ingredients, except for 1/4 cup of coconut shreds, and mix to combine.
Roll into bite-sized balls, roughly 1-inch in diameter.
On a separate plate, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut shreds and roll each bite to cover the outside.
Place bites on a baking tray or pan and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Transfer to an airtight container once hardened.
Calories: 179.7 kcal
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.